4.10.2018

New Beginnings

New beginnings can go either way, a lesson learned or suck big time. As for me this time around, its a breathe of fresh air. I'm no longer stuck in the darkness. Felt like I may never come out of it. I have learned plenty of lessons these past 10 years. Know what I no longer want or need in my life. Feel tied down and unable to explore as much as I like. I'm a curious person, need to touch, taste, examine. Remember exactly who I was before the chaos walked into my life. Self reflecting, seeing the parts of me I hate, love, and need to improve on. From there I will be able to move on and continue to grow. 

Grateful, I can still love as I mend my shredded heart. Grateful, I'm not bitter. Maybe a little jaded but that was before the 10 years. Life has always been difficult for me, changing that little by little. Staying away from everyone that doesn't deserve my time. Able to see my past and be happy of the person it made me to be. Working on thinking positive again, see the silver lining, Almost lost myself completely, scary. Remembering things I always liked to do such as dancing, going to my poetry readings, reading in a cafe, less t.v., really enjoy my oldies with glass of vino, walking around downtown just for the fun of it. Little things I have forgotten about myself. Never will I again let this happen, stopping giving too much away. Opening a new book, forget the chapter.
Working on myself to enjoy life and stop to smell the roses. 
New beginnings, can suck, but not this time around, I'm enjoying finding the magic in me again.
Kissing my past Goodbye!!




No comments:

Post a Comment